every corporate job I've had follows the same pattern:
(1) get hired
(2) kick immense ass
(3) management "can't promote you" - but "stay motivated!"
(4) effortlessly onboard manager's workloads to prove you could do their job better
(5) manager develops immense fear, starts undermining you, makes you "team lead"
(6) be miserable, threaten to leave
(7) submit resignation
(8) management hastily offers that "impossible" promotion
(9) years later you hear "it all went to shit after you left"
Reason # 420 on Why I left Corporate workforce.
They DO NOT appreciate you, your diligence, your dedication, your experience, etc.. they KNOW there are 10 people who would take your job for less $$. Corps never think about loyalty or reputation.. that's what ads and lawyers are for.
This instance of Mastodon is only for @buffaloser.